Sunday, June 29, 2008

I write this sitting at home watching Ghostbusters. I just returned from a very fun filled weekend in Chicago at the first Pride Bowl. First of all thanks to all the Pride Bowl organizers, it was a great tournament a lot of fun, thanks to the other teams and the refs.

The Monuments & Metros both sent teams to the 12 team tournament.

I won't go into all the deals of each game, I'm too old, too tired (Jim sweet talked me into joining the boys at Sidetracks), and frankly I can barely remember what day of the week it is:

The Monuments finished 3rd with a 4-1 record. I think everyone would agree that it was a lot of fun, and I heard repeatedly talk of how close the team was, and how much everyone felt we were all on the same page. Tony spurred the offense, with like a gazzlion TD's (more than the tournament MVP from the Champion San Diego Bolts -- as he pointed out to me) and only one INT. John Williams' relentless rush keyed a relentless Defense, I think we totaled about 10 Int's and had 2-3 more dropped. Burton lead the team with 4 INT's.

Who can forget the driving rain storm, or Allscott's (Best Gay Quarterback) kinda floating wobbly duck of a pass to Shane, Williams going up against Stacy, Jim's 3 sideline plays, Marlon's and Burton discussing who was going to field a punt over tea.

It was a good leadup to Salt Lake in the Fall, and we can see the work that needs to be done to be ready for that challenge.

The Metro's won the Rec Division. I only on watched them play once or twice (guest blogger from the Metro's anyone), but I talked with several of them, and they also commented on the sense of team they were building. I think they all were really impressed and touched by how their team came together and really stepped it up.

All in all it was a fun weekend, I got some dancing in, after 5 games in 2 days, I'm not sore at all, and it was a good tuneup for Salt Lake.

No comments: